Backyard Renegade

Default Okoume in strip-planking

"P.C." wrote in message . dk...
Hi

"Backyard Renegade" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
"Leo" wrote in message

Any kind of plywood is not good for strip building (as we know it).
The properties of the plywood make it difficult if not impossible to
bend the strips in such a manner as to follow the lines of a hull.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

I do not agrea, -------- with my software I can prove different and acturly
already proven that any form can be unfolded from double curve surfaces
into maneagable strips forming the exact boat form.

------------- I already done this with true Lapstrake hulls, that is much
more difficult than smooth-hull designs, so ofcaurse Plywood strips can be
plottet full-size.
The way strip planking is done, already minimise the foults ,but sure you
can't rely on the free software avaible, as to work around the troubles you
reconise hands-on building , you need software that acturly work and a lot
of hands-on experience building.

How do you explain that I can project a true Lapstrake hull , unfold the
planking ,keelworks and building jig, and have the whole lot go together
within 2 cm . of the original plans, --------- you se while building the
measures are exact, and only when the hull leave the jig, the forces in the
wood will make _any_ wooden hull move slightly out of measure, this can not
be avoided.

The hardwood I used are more rigid than any Plywood, and even then I build
small boats without steaming and my experience after building a lot of
tradisional round bottom boats is, that with the right software, breaking up
double curved surfaces into strips of single curves forming the actural
shape, you can form any shape, ----------- shapes more advanced than boat
hulls.

----------- Just want to say that I produced lots of plywood boats even
Lapstrake with planks much wider than what you can do with wood, and before
I decided to drop glued Lapstrake to replace the glue with flexible
polyurethane mastic, these glued Lapstrake hulls was not more difficult than
strip planking.

P.C.

All irrelevant as he is not talking about lapstrake boats here but
strippers. Furthermore, I assumed he was talking about the plywood
commonly reffered to as okoume, and the origional poster was talking
about solid wood which I know nothing about.