P.C. Ford

Default Bilge pump switches

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:07:50 -0600, Dazed and Confuzed
wrote:

I guess I wasn't too clear in my request.

My problem is not the height, but rather lack of height. Due to the hull design,
I have no real "bilge" but rather only about 3" of collection area. I need a
switch which activates at about 1.5" from the bottom of the "bilge" and shuts
off at, ideally, zero. I can mount it to within about 1/4" of the bottom. I have
not found a switch that activate that low.

Not sure that you will find one. Most bilge pumps, certainly the Rule
line does not pump lower than 3/4 of an inch.Lower than that, they
suck air and lose suction. It is a problem especially for boats like
yours that evidently have have flat bilges.