Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Soul searching about a sailor in trouble

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:18:42 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

use he can
afford it?

I know some really nice people who have no business leaving the docks.

We allow disabled people who can't get a regular drivers license to drive
big rigs....

You also allow disabled people to become president - Roosevelt as well
as the mentally unstable -

seriously though, I can understand and agree with Larry's point.
Perhaps if you are going to legislate, then you can have an exceptions
clause whereby two knowledgeables can attest to one's ability

cheers
Peter