Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Bennigan's, Steak & Ale Closes Nationwide

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:58:41 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:40:38 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

They had lousy food.

Had an excellent crawfish etouffe at the one on Michigan Avenue years
ago. Perfect crawdads, black beans rice and a real good sauce.
Next time there it was off the menu. Cook probably quit.
Wonder how TGIF is doing. Seems to be basically the same model.

--Vic

Lousy food there also. Of course these are just my opinions and you know
how that goes. Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one.

Hey, McDonald's does good business. I always looked at Bennigans,
TGIF as similar to McDonald's, but with beer and some wood.
Never went except with work mates.
Well, took my wife once for dinner when we got a gift certificate.
She said if I get another just throw it away.
Maybe cops cracking down on blood alcohol content has slowed business
in such eateries, as drinking a few beers is their main purpose, that
and catering to the business lunch crowd.

--Vic

In that category of restaurants, I have always thought Applebee's is pretty
good in terms of the quality of the meals.

Eisboch