HK HK is offline

Default It's record time...

wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:57:09 -0700, CalifBill wrote:

I thought the purse strings were controlled by a Democrat Congress.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Bilious Bill repeats that trash about once a month, hoping, I suppose,
to convince himself it is true. The reality is the Dems have a tiny
majority in Congress, not enough to control anything, and, of course,
deficits rose sharply in the Republican Administrations, partly because
the Republican presidents wanted to saddle future generations with debt
so high necessary social programs would have to be cut to service that debt.