posted to rec.boats.electronics
Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default VHF 22B and 83B channels?

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:25:58 -0700 (PDT), GeoffSchultz
wrote:

Bruce,

I've been looking at these frequencies in my manual, and was surpised
to see that I had to set the radio to International mode, as opposed
to Canadian mode, to receive the B frequencies on my Standard Horizon
radio that the Canadian CG broadcasts.

-- Geoff

I would expect to find 21B and 83B among the weather channels - no
need to select "International" mode, then use the "normal" channel
select scheme to find the continuous marine broadcasts. The channel
list in my Icom 504 manual shows 21B (161.65 MHz) and 83B (161.775
MHz) as weather channels 8 and 9, respectively.

I happen to have a Standard Horizon GX2355 manual handy, an its
frequency list also shows 161.65 and 161.775 as Weather Channels 8 and
9.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca