posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default VHF 22B and 83B channels?

In article .com,
Peter Bennett wrote:

The latest edition of Industry Canada's applicable document shows that
21B is used for Continuous Marine Broadcasts in all areas of Canada,
and makes no mention of 22B. (However, I have noticed that we don't
always do what this document says...)

With a radio in "Canada" mode, 22 will actually be 22A, as it is used
by the Coast Guard to talk to the public - you would need to use the
International mode to hear "22B".

Note: on the West Coast, the Canadian Coast Guard uses 83A rather than
22A to talk to the public, to avoid potential interference with the
USCG's use of 22A. I don't know if the CCG in other areas has also
switched to 83A...

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

before we get to much farther into this discussion, maybe we should
move AWAY from Channel Designators, that are different between countries
and numbering systems, and move on to FREQUENCIES, in Mhz.

21A = 157.050 Mhz
21B = 161.650 Mhz

22A = 157.100 Mhz
22B = 161.700 Mhz