Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Teak oil - Good or Bad

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:29:10 -0400, Hanz Schmidt
wrote:

Anybody have any experience use teak oil??

We want to go from Cetol to Oil..

I have always suspected that teak oils, one and all, were a swindle.
I am partial to tung oil, although I haven't tried it on teak. The
cruise ships have three inch thick teak decks and they don't finish
them. I believe they sand them once a year. Lots of very expensive
custom guns have finished with plain old boiled linseed. Done that
myself.

Casady