Mike[_6_] Mike[_6_] is offline

Default Why so many deep-Vs?

The heat can be just as miserable up north most of the summer, but
without the fishing and the water to jump into.

The heat/humidity of the summers in CT was actually what made me move to
CA... not the winters. I can handle the cold, but very little tolerance for
heat w/ humidity. The boating season is longer as well g

--Mike

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:46:52 -0400, hk wrote:

Any part of Florida south of Daytona is pretty much uninhabitable by
sane human beings from April thorugh the end of October. The Keys are
better because there usually is some sort of a breeze blowing, or,
better, you're right next to the water and can jump in and cool off.

That pretty much depends on tolerance of the heat. Mine's pretty
high, but my wife might present a problem, more because of psychology
than anything else. She's slim, and gets cold more easily than heated
up, but I've spoiled her with central A/C.
As I said, I've always been to Florida in the summer and the heat
never bothered me. I wear a broad brim straw hat if I'm going to be
in the sun more than 10 minutes, except at the beach. Light cotton
clothes. Stay hydrated.
My uncle lived in Cape Coral for years without A/C and did just fine.
I did have to be careful not to let the sweat drip onto the fried fish
when eating at his place, but the fish made it worth it.
Besides, I wasn't acclimated. Him and Clara looked cool as cucumbers.
The heat can be just as miserable up north most of the summer, but
without the fishing and the water to jump into.
And we've had our share of below zero temps, snow and ice.
That's my ace in the hole with the wife.
She starts bitching about how bad the winter is in October!

--Vic