[email protected] slammer_2@hotmail.com is offline

Default Why so many deep-Vs?

On Jul 27, 4:24*pm, wrote:
A few weeks ago, I was up in N. Illinois on the so-called Chain of
Lakes boating with my brother in law and I got a good look at the
boats there. *Most of em had what I consider to be deep V hulls which
would limit the area of the lakes accessible to them and reduce the
fuel economy. *They do not get large swells there so running in heavy
chop is not an issue. *Wouldnt a shallow V be better for such
conditions? *A shallow V would allow them to more than double the
parts of the lakes they can go in without hitting bottom and get em up
on a plane faster for better economy.

Most of em had what I consider to be deep V hulls which
would limit the area of the lakes accessible to them and reduce the
fuel economy.

You forgot to mention the safety factor in that " Deep V" design .Its
far more stable than a pussy Bass Boat.