HK HK is offline

Default Transoms - Everglades Boats anti-swamping solution

Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 03:00:16 +0000, Larry wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
:

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=1216

Damned spammer harvesting information. Why can't he just let you look at
it without all the crap?

He's not spamming. I went there voluntarily to get boat info, and
I'm not trying to sell Everglades boats here.
I thought his take on swamped boats needing an open transom to let
the water out was interesting, given conversations here about that.
He appears to be in agreement with Harry on that score.
The Everglades solution looks real interesting.
For those who don't want to bother watching the video,
the boat has an open transom, and what appears to be a solid splash
shield incorporates large doors/flaps that open aft only, allowing a
large volume of water to quickly exit.
Scuppers just won't do for a swamped boat, he says.
And I don't care to re-ignite all the open transom bs, but to point
to what I think is an innovative solution to swamping.
Those with more boating experience might think the solution
unnecessary, bad, or whatever. I don't know, and that's why
I posted it. Looks good to me. And it also looks like it would work
with the Parker splash shield, so as keep everybody happy.
Those who want quick exit of swamping water, and those who
are concerned about taking water over the stern.

--Vic

Gosh, how dare a president of a boat company that builds top of the line
boats extol the virtues of open transom outboard boats and claim they
are much more able to shed large amounts of water that gets in the
cockpit than closed transom boats?

I mean, doesn't that fly in the face of all the bad advice offered up by
the non-experienced boaters here? :)