posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
expaddler expaddler is offline

Default Open letter to the Marathon Committee

Posted publicly because the Marathon Committee passed a resolution to
keep their minutes secret and do not openly discuss communications.

To Brian Gandy, Marathon Committee Chairman:

During our brief discussion at the TVC race, you said that my
complaints should be directed at individuals, not your committee.

I thank you for pinpointing Alan Laws as the culprit, but my complaint
is in regard to what your committee has in its minutes to which no
name or names is assigned. The inference is that the whole committee
approved the statement.

As you know the statement about me is inaccurate, misleading and
libellous and no evidence whatsoever was produced to support it.

I want you to retract it and apologise.

If there are individuals at fault, and you seem to know who they are,
then it is down to you and the BCU to get rid of them.

Sport is about fairness and honesty, and there is no place for those
that make up lies and deceptions for their own purposes.

Don't forget that there is an official BCU report from the Child
Protection Officer that confirms Alan Laws lied to the AGM. If he lies
on Child Protection issues, why should he be trusted on your
committee?

Allan Bennett