Lew Hodgett

Default Cleaning and painting bilge

Ilv2sl writes:

While we have our 35' glass sloop, out of the water, I want to paint the

bilge,
and have a few questions:

snip

WHY? ? ?

Trying to get the bilge clean enough so you could paint it will be a real
challenge.

If you get it clean, you'll need a couple of coats of high build epoxy
primer.

This is not the same epoxy as laminating resin.

Trust me, brush or sprayer, applying this stuff if a PITA. I speak from
experience having applied a fair amount of HBP. It contains VOC's and
requires a proper respirator.

After it has cured, what have you accomplished?

My suggestion:

Use the money to buy a couple of cases of "Two Buck Chuck" or your favorite
beer, relax and enjoy it.

The bilge will still be functional.

HTH

--