posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default Inverter/Charger recommendations

In article
,
GeoffSchultz wrote:

I have a ProSine 2.0 inverter/charger which is a piece of crap, to put
it mildly. I've replaced the thing, under warranty, at least 4
times. Now it's dying again and it's out of warranty, so I need to
replace it again. *&^*!@

From what I understand, Xantrex owns the majority of inverter/charger
companies and is constructing their products in China. I've had
multiple people suggest to me that Chinese assembly is a major issue.
As a result I want to replace it with something that isn't made by a
Xantrex based company.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an inverter/charger which is
hopefully made in the US? I'm looking for 2000 watts inverting and
100+A charging 12V.

-- Geoff

Try Googling OutBack Power Systems. These are the guys that were
the Engineering Design Group at Trace, when Xantrex purchased Trace.
They soon got fed up with Xantrex, and "Walked out the back door,
down the street about two blocks", and started their own out fit.
Hence the name OutBack Power Systems. They were the designers of the
Trace U, DR, and SW Series Inverters, which are the backbone of the
Trace Product Line. Their new stuff is exactly what your looking for,
and they have the Old Trace Customer Service that Trace used to be famous
for. Their products are TOP of the Line, but you get what you pay for.
I have U, DR and SW Trace Inverters and have "Close Neighbors"
(close = 10 Sq Miles) that have the newer OutBack Systems. All very
good stuff.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply