[email protected] sailinstuff@yahoo.com is offline

Default Solar Powered Anchor Light ?? Portable ?? Anyone know where thiscan be bought?

On Jul 24, 10:01*am, RW Salnick wrote:
Thomas, Spring Point Light brought forth on stone tablets:

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message

Thomas, Spring Point Light wrote:

Looking for a solar recharge portable anchor light.

This would be a 360* white light, with recharge batteries,
and small solar pick up someplace..

Anyone know where this can be bought?

A garden light perhaps?

DP

=====================

Dennis,, *I went to Lowes, Home Depot .. the garden lights were such junk..
hard to believe
anyone buys this stuff.. *But the tech of the garden light is perfect... A
little solar pick up,
recharge battery, and an LeD light * perfect.

I may end up making my own... *buy one landscape,, add an LED cluster rather
than the
one LED..

I have 3 ofhttp://www.outdoorlightingshowroom.com/driveway.htm
installed on deck, pointing in various directions. *This in addition to
the CG required anchor light on the top of the mast, 65 feet above the
water where no one tooling around the anchorage at night in a dinghy can
see it. *They are very bright, and last all thru the night. *They are
designed to be screwed to your driveway where they could get driven
over, so they are tough. *And I got mine at Harbor Freight for something
like $8 each, although the online catalog doesn't show them.

bob
s/v Eolian
Downeast 45, hull #11
Seattle

Do you cover them when under way at night? Are you concerned they
might create a confusing navigation signal when under way at night?