David Marchand David Marchand is offline

Default Single handing and watch keeping

Gordon:

That was one of the few honest descriptions of singlehanding I have read.
Jon Eisberg who livens up CSBB says much the same thing.

I am planning to single hand cruise the east coast next year. That is a
much, much tougher situation than a 3000 mile downwind run to the S Pacific.
AIS won't help because 95% of the traffic you encounter along the coast will
be non-AIS equipped recreational and fishing boats.

I believe his point that 150 mile legs are the toughest, but that is exactly
what I may be doing. I have done the ICW and I never want to zig zag through
Georgia and S Carolina again.

So, I guess I will tough it out with the radar alarm watch on and a kitchen
timer set at 15 minute intervals. I don't really expect to get much sleep
during a 24-36 hour run up the coast.

David