Jeff Jeff is offline

Default I lost a bunch of money!

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:26:10 -0400, "Roger Long"

Looks like those hardest hit here have been the runabouts and sub-25
foot center consoles. The blue collar guys who like to do a little
fishing to unwind after work or on weekends. Those sized slips are
very empty this season. It was a little thinned out last seasn, but
this year, it's a huge difference. I think many of them gave up having
a slip and are trailering to save money.

Yup, I see the same. My marina is mainly blue collar, 25 foot fishing
boats. It has a lot of vacancies, and I've only seen a handful of
departures. I'm sure a lot of people left the boat in the driveway this
year.

We were at the Vineyard for a few weeks and there were moorings sitting
empty for days midweek in the transient area, though they did fill up on
the weekend. And the Cape Cod Canal had almost no powerboat traffic -
most were throttled back.