David Bosworth

Default Polyester or Epoxy?

I have never tried it myself but I have heard people use it when vacuum
bagging.
I would be skeptical of claims that no further prep work would be needed by
using peel ply, too much to lose, but hey I said I never used it before, I
have also heard people laying a second coat or layer down before the first
has fully cured, not right away but many hours later, this again I would not
try on a bet, I am really just a dabbler in this stuff but I try and get it
right.
I wish this group had been around when I restored my 30' Chris Craft back
in the 80's, could have used the help, took alot of those lumps of life that
made me so pretty, heheh
--
From the rocky shores of the Skykomish river
David Bosworth
Richard Lamb wrote in message
David Bosworth wrote:

I guess what I should have said was, there should not have been any

blush
to cause the failure in the first place, of course if it is left on the

work
there will be little or no bond at all with what ever is applied on top.
This is not a failure of the product, but in the application.

--

Im curious if using peel ply is a common technique in boat building?

This is a light layer of dacron or cheap polyester fabric placed over
the wet layup. When cured, the peel ply is "peeled" off leaving a clean
raw surface ready for the next lamination.

Takes the blush off too.

Richard