posted to rec.boats.building
Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Water tanks

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:23:55 +0200, "Meindert Sprang"
wrote:

Has anyone got any experience of making their own water tanks? OR does
anyone know anyone in the bristol area that does PVC welding?

thanks in advance,

Jim Potter
Bristol

Made two 27 Imperial gallons (121 litres) from plywood glassed over
with standard epoxy resin. The best ply to use is cheap construction
ply as the glass adheres better. I divided my tanks into two connected
compartments with a divider/baffle to prevent the sloshing and force
of a large volume of water. Nailed the top down over thickened resin
and glassed over the join quite heavily.

No problems so far.

cheers
Peter