Larry Larry is offline

Default Fuel Starvation?

DownTime wrote in
:

We recommend that only "top tier" fuels be used, and if necessary a
gasoline additive with "techron" be added, occasionally. If possible,
make sure you know your gasoline retailer and try to buy your gasoline
from the same location as often as possible. The best deal isn't always
the cheapest deal."

PRECISELY why my new Smart car MUST be a DIESEL.....

Looks like I'll have to go to Canada to get one....damn.

While we're talking about cars, this official document....not your dealer's
bull****....is a list of the cars YOU are allowed to IMPORT from anyplace
that are "non-conforming" vehicles. Notice how all the Smart cars back to
2004 are listed....MUCH to my Smart dealer's dismay after telling me I
won't be able to import a Smart diesel into the USA from Canada...pure
bull****.

http://www.epa.gov/EPA-IMPACT/2007/S...-27/i19118.htm

a most interesting document if you are interested in importing something to
bypass dealer profit margins.