Barry Palmer

Default Polyester or Epoxy?

Longest is still in service after 18 Years, with no problems caused by use of
polyester resin glass skins over 4.5 lb "Clark Foam".

These surface skimmers have been built with epoxy, and appear to be little
different from the polyester, but possibly the elasticity of the panels is a
little greater, (possibly due to inaccurate mixing) bad news when a lot of the
structure is not governed by strength, but by stiffness.

PS for the hovercraft guy. Build one correctly out of epoxy and see how
long its service life is compared to the poly craft.

I don't recieve e-mail at this address because of spam. E-mail me
at crtsrATmsnDOTcom.
BRBR

Barry Palmer, for A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/sevtec/sev/skmr.html"Sevtec/A