Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Economic Indicator?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:03:00 +0000, Larry wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
:

My wife leaned a broken aluminum lawn chair on the trash can in the
street, walked into the house to get a final bag from a waste basket,
and when she walked back out the chair was gone. Maybe 30 seconds,
a new record. Odd thing is the truck moving away down the street was
a U-Haul Rental truck. Can't quite figure that one out. Usually the
metal collectors have beat up pick-ups.

This is also a great way of getting rid of dead boat batteries. I had a
couple to unload so sat them out by my storage building, as if I was going
to store them inside, later. Within an hour, the time it took to go eat a
hamburger, they were gone!

Having lots of illegal Mexicans in your city does have a few advantages....
(c;

My neighbor saw them spot the batteries, look around, then hustle across my
lawn to collect them, scurrying away like wharf rats finding a sandwich on
the docks. She called me on my cell and I told her not to spook them while
I was getting rid of some dead boat batteries....much to her amusement.

I make sure I don't have anything outside I want to keep on garbage
day. Had 6 dead auto batteries and one motorcycle battery in the
trunk of the car just towed away, tail real low.
I wonder what those batteries are worth for the lead. I seem to
recall you used to be able to get 2 bucks for them.

--Vic