Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Economic Indicator?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:21:55 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:35:13 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Usually the
metal collectors have beat up pick-ups.

We had a guy towing a trailer behind an Escalade (22" rims and all).
"Scrappers" come in all shapes and sizes these days. I am wrapping up
a building project and every scrap of metal I have set out near the
curb disappeared within a day, even twisted up rebar.

Escalade. Must be good money in scrap.
Can't wait to move the old fridge from the basement to the curb and
watch the action. Maybe I'll bring popcorn.

--Vic