HK HK is offline

Default Economic Indicator?

wrote:
On Jul 21, 11:35 am, Vic Smith
wrote:
A few years ago I had the local boneyard come tow a '90 Corsica away
from my doorstep. They wanted the title and I gave it to them.
They didn't offer anything for the car, and I didn't expect anything.
Two years ago I called to have them tow away a '93 Beretta.
They refused to do it without the title, which my daughter had lost.
I coaxed them into it with 50 bucks.
An couple hours ago I called the boneyard to have them tow away a '93
Corsica. My son couldn't find the title. They asked how much I
wanted, and I said just come get it. Didn't mention the title.
Sounded like the same dispatcher, and it was certainly the same tow
truck driver. Not too many guys with Amish style beards around here.
The car is already gone. After he had it hooked the driver asked if
I had a title, I said nope, and he took off. My kid will be happy I
don't have to sock him for 50 bucks, which I had warned him might
happen.
More junk collectors on garbage day too.
My wife leaned a broken aluminum lawn chair on the trash can in the
street, walked into the house to get a final bag from a waste basket,
and when she walked back out the chair was gone. Maybe 30 seconds,
a new record. Odd thing is the truck moving away down the street was
a U-Haul Rental truck. Can't quite figure that one out. Usually the
metal collectors have beat up pick-ups.

--Vic

After getting back in my house after a recent catastrophic event...

Mrs. Loogy locked you out?