Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default What did you do today?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:08:22 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:13:01 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:46:33 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Yes, I've visited Oz and seen the women, "G'Day mate, 'ave a stubby".
Blimey!
By the way, ham may be kosher as according to Philip Roth, writing in
Portney's Complaint, it is OK to eat bacon if sliced very very thin
:-)
Bruce-in-Bangkok

I remember reading that book in my youth - shows your age.
I remember it created a storm in New Zealand and was either banned for
a while or was nearly banned.

Did you know that the State of Louisiana has banned Sir Walter Scott's
classic novel "Ivanhoe" from Public School libraries?

The grounds for doing so are very interesting.

Peter.

Good Lord, but you are going back. I read Ivanhoe in High School and
can't really remember much but I believe a Jewish Woman was one of the
characters, perhaps that is the reason.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Not at all -

Too much saxon violence.

A bit of a pun really - take Saxon as "sex and"