William R. Watt

Default Polyester or Epoxy?

Glenn Ashmore ) writes:

I would be real interested inknowing how you would apply 1/4 oz of MEKP
to 6 or 8 square feet of cloth. ;-)

mixed with some resin.

IF you don't glas very often, epoxy has a shelf life measured in years.
I have never had a can of polyester make it past 9 months after it is
opened.

I had a partial one quart can of polyester resin and small tube of
catalyst in the back of the 'fridge from 1981 to 2000 and it was fine. The
twist off cap on the can would sieze up and had to be turned with a pair
of pliers. I've started on another quart can now. From time to time I
still use the small jar of white tinting resin that was with the original.
I still keep it all at the back of the 'fridge.

I wrap opened tubes of PL Premium polyurethane adhesive in plastic and
keep that in the freezer accordign to advice posted in this newsgroup. It
can be months between applications. Works fine.

I let both the polyester and polyurethane warm up to room temperature
before using.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm