Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:19:22 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:21:05 -0700, Gordon wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
This is one of the points that really makes me wonder about how
sensible the current U.S. Government is. I, just a guy who reads, with
no mammoth CIA/NSA/Whatever to do my research knew long before even
Iraq I that the country was artificially created and contained several
groups that hated each other and probably was ungovernable by any
other means then brute force (much like Yugoslavia) and once the
strong central government fell there would be chaos. And, surprise,
surprise, I was right.

But, and this is my point, if I could figure this out why couldn't the
whole U.S. Government with their mammoth intelligence gathering and
analyzing capability figure it out?

And if they could figure it out then what are they doing there?

And don't talk about "control of the oil" as that is just B.S. The
existing Iraqi oil fields are all produced by joint ventures with
European companies - Italian and French if memory serves.

Rant OFF

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Too bad Bush never read T E Lawrence's "Seven Pillars of Wisdom". He
might have thought twice, but then again probably not.

“All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty
recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream
with open eyes, to make it possible.”
- T.E. LAWRENCE

Bush can read?

OK, OK, it was a cheap shot.