Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default What is an anchor for?

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:12:47 -0700 (PDT), "
said:

To my way of thinking..an anchor is to secure a boat to the bottom of
the sea in such a way that it stays there as long as the crew of the
ship wants to be there.

Gotta think a bit more out of the box. An anchor is to do whatever the
vessel owner wishes to do through use of the device. Most commonly it's
used
to secure the boat to the bottom of the sea, but where is it written that
all other uses are proscribed?

I usually use the anchor for the swim test we give... at least I try to use
it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com