Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Ferro Cement boats

wrote in message
On Jul 20, 4:09 pm, Josh Assing wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:16:07 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:
Remember also that you may have a difficult time documenting the vessel
if
you can't get in touch with the builder(s). This may be important for
foreign voyages. Glass boats have records, hull numbers, etc. Be sure to
check this out as well.

GREAT ADVISE !!! Yes; this will be important.

Thank you
-josh

I'm not sure I'd panic about the US Documentation. A lot of US boats
get by with state registrations on foreign voyages. The US doc is
nice because they'll mail you a renewal any time you ask so you can re-
up when you're in port, but AFIK, you can check in anywhere with the
state rego.

-- Tom.

You can get a waiver for a foreign made vessel for US Documentation. Last I
checked it was a one-time $500 fee.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com