Meindert Sprang

Default Polyester or Epoxy?

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
I tried buying a small quantity of epoxy packaged in twin pumps and had
all sorts of difficulty with it. It never worked smoothly. It was messy. A
lot was wasted. For the small jobs I use epoxy for I only buy it in the
twin squeeze tubes now.

I use the pump set from West. The easiest way to mix. One push on each pump
and you have a smal dose of the perfect mix.

I find it a lot easier counting drops of polyester catalyst than trying to
measure out equal volumes of epoxy resin and hardener. Only one container
is used for measuring with polyester. Overall easier to work with in my
opinion.

You can also mix by weight. I have used a digital scale for that. You pour,
for instance, 100 grams of epoxy, followed by 20 grams of hardener. Easy.

I would think that counting drops is a very unreliable method. the drop size
would be very dependant on the viscosity of the calalyst, right?

Meindert