posted to alt.sailing.asa
JimC JimC is offline

Default The big challenge

Mike wrote:
Name Obama's ten greatest accomplishments.

How about naming McCain's ten greatest accomplishments that actually
relate to the issues he would face as president.

For example, what experience does he have in setting or modifying
national economic policies? Or formulating policies and actions dealing
with a serious housing crisis, bank failures, historic balance of trade
deficits, budget deficits, regional employment crises, etc.?

And, what experience does he have setting and negotiating trade
policies, policies relating to legal and illegal immigration? What
experience does he have negotiating with Soviet bloc and asian countries
re security issues, etc.? My friends, would he be able to understand a
complex crisis and make a rational, logical decision at 3:00 in the
morning? - Could he stay awake during meetings throughout the following
day? Or would he have to take an afternoon nap? With respect to his
favorite issue, national defense, what experience does he have making
decisions on deployment, troop movements, troop support, etc. during
wartime? (Remember that we are talking about a 70 plus-year-old man who
graduated from the academy at the bottom of his class.)

Does he have successful experience in negotiations with friendly and/or
unfriendly nations regarding political, military, and/or economic issues?

Does he have experience in resolving a national health care crisis,
including resolving medical costs and insurance issues?

Experience in managing a country in deep financial crisis? - For
example, how will he implement his programs when the country is deeply
in debt to China, and various Islamic nations, with deep ongoing
national deficits, such that we don't have the budget to support his
plans, much less to support them and also extend the tax cuts he
(currently) favors? Regarding military responsiveness, what experience
does he have in determining an appropriate response to hostile actions
in the Mideast or elsewhere WHEN THE COUNTRY DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH TROOPS
TO TAKE CARE OF AFGHANISTAN, MUCH LESS TAKE ON ANOTHER CONFLICT? - Would
he suggest that we re-implement the draft? And if so, would the
Congress approve such a request from McCain? (He can talk tough, my
friends, but talk is cheap.)

When the economy (not the Iraq war) is BY FAR the primary concern of the
US public, what experience and knowledge does he have of issues relevant
to economics?

Yes, you can ask the same questions regarding Obama, but while you are
asking such questions, let's also get appropriate answers from Johnny
McCain and his staff.

Jim