Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:55:14 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:27:57 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Not necessarily Bruce. Does a foreigner have to instruct you in the
history of your nation?

The Indians sold it to the Dutch who later passed it on to the
English. Don't blame the poor Indians but the Dutch. If they had
retained it, it would be now effectively governed by EU regulations
and the pollution problem would be lessened. Look at Curacao (still
Dutch) - being so close to the cocaine of Colombia and Venezuela, they
have adopted a zero tolerance approach to drugs and a good
environmental policy. Result, probably better at present than in
Manhattan.

cheers

Peter

EU regulations? You should be so lucky. From all I read about their
boat regulations I'll just stay right here.

"Better then in Manhattan" Are they killing the dealers like they do
in Malaysia & Singapore? At least it keeps the prisons from getting
congested.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Capital punishment is not part of the EU though I would probably
prefer a Dutch prison than an Asian one. In Malaysia now, foreigners
get the same treatment as everyone else. No soft mattress and no
specially prepared western food like they used to. It's rice and bare
boards for you my boy now.

Regardless, the USA has the highest per capita prison population in
the world and it does not seem to have slowed the growth of drug
importation one bit. If the demand is there, someone will supply. I
don't know if execution is any answer but I do know that when the
dealers and smugglers are caught is SEA they are absolutely terrified
of the prospect of the certain death that awaits them. You can see it
in their eyes.

If I am ever tempted to smuggle, all I would need to remember is those
faces. Cold shiver territory.

Peter

I'm of the conservative "Hang 'um" school of justice but one of the
common arguments made by the tree hugging do gooders is that the death
sentence does not deter crime, and here you are telling me that it
does......

Actually, I was once offered the opportunity to carry a small load of
some sort of recreational chemicals (the discussion never got that far
that WHAT was discussed) from Thailand to Malaysia or Singapore on the
boat. I can honestly say that, at least in my case, it certainly
deterred me :-)

Bruce-in-Bangkok