Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:44:34 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:42:41 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:19:52 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
3...
Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Since here in Thailand, and probably all over the third world, they
are happily using R-12, and dumping it to atmosphere it probably goes
to prove that the Americans were responsible.

Not to mention the extensive air pollution controls on all those
thousands
of 2-stroke little trucks running old motor oil at 15:1 premix....

It's those damned Americans....every time. They love to be blamed.

So, we should just go for it? Just because someone else is doing something
wrong does not give us license to do something wrong.

Then what are you doing in Iraq?

Sorry the temptation overcame me.

It's a great temptation to lump all Americans with Bu****, so I forgive you!

I find it ironic.. the "surge" is working by driving the terrorists to
Afganistan. If we had gone after them in that place first... sigh, you're
right it's tempting.

I must have missed something.

Have they found oil in Afghanistan?

I for one am interested in the outcome as historically nobody from
outside has managed to completely conquer and rule that country from
Alexander, the British, to the Russians. If you have ever experienced
the tribal nature of most of its citizens you would understand more
the difficulties. Xenophobia is in the genes.

Peter

This is one of the points that really makes me wonder about how
sensible the current U.S. Government is. I, just a guy who reads, with
no mammoth CIA/NSA/Whatever to do my research knew long before even
Iraq I that the country was artificially created and contained several
groups that hated each other and probably was ungovernable by any
other means then brute force (much like Yugoslavia) and once the
strong central government fell there would be chaos. And, surprise,
surprise, I was right.

But, and this is my point, if I could figure this out why couldn't the
whole U.S. Government with their mammoth intelligence gathering and
analyzing capability figure it out?

And if they could figure it out then what are they doing there?

And don't talk about "control of the oil" as that is just B.S. The
existing Iraqi oil fields are all produced by joint ventures with
European companies - Italian and French if memory serves.

Rant OFF

Bruce-in-Bangkok