Ryk Ryk is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:51:08 +1000, in message

Herodotus wrote:

Hi Ryk,
Thanks for this as I don't know how real the company's power usage
figures are and at what outside temperature they are quoted for.

It really depends on your cool space volume and insulation, so they
can't quote figures for your boat. I got a huge improvement with an
insulation upgrade a few years ago. All low tech, just new foam in
place of the stuff that was rotting.

I note that the one I am looking at states that it is for a
refridgerator, not a freezer. However an optional extra is an ice
making tray. Does this mean that one could have a small freezer
compartment overflowing to a larger fridge one. A freezer would be
great but not vital. Iced water would be nice though.

I don't know. My holding plate gets cold enough to make a thick layer
of frost, which later melts. I don't know if I would trust it to keep
anything frozen, since the ASU controller aims to keep the fridge cool
by letting the holding plate thaw when the engine isn't running.

For fridge management, I put fresh meat and some beverages really
close to the plate.

Ryk