Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

Larry wrote:
jeff wrote in
:

1 kWh per day.
Supplying this with an inverter would take over 100 AmpHours.

1KWh at 13.8V = 72AH per day....1000/13.8V

Not much of a problem for a 330AH golf cart pair....

So your golf cart batteries put out 13.8 Volts under load? Are they
those new 7 cell batteries? And send me one of the 100% efficient
invertors.

And as always, you're missing the real points. The important issue is
not having a big enough bank to run for one day (unless that's all the
time you're away from the dock), its recharging the batteries.

And of course for the two systems I compared, for the needs of a
cruiser, a 10 cubic foot system that includes a large deep freeze and
runs on 60 Amp-hours a day is vastly superior to 5.7 foot fridge with
tiny semi-freezer that takes 100 Amp-hours. Whether its worth the 10X
(or more) price difference is academic.