Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 19:03:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 19, 5:22*pm, Brian Whatcott wrote:
..
Still, give a person credit for gun-shyness from a battery fast-charge
accident! ...

Oh yes. An exploding battery while offshore is a nightmare! I
appreciate the concern. I think Larry is incorrect in his assertion,
but I'm listening because if he convinces me that he isn't then I'm
going to change my ways fast.

-- Tom

If you are charging a battery fast enough to make bubbles in the
electrolyte you are venting hydrogen. I saw a Chinese bloke in
Singapore disconnect a battery charger without turning the charger
off. It made a spark and the whole shebang blew up. Had he not been on
a dock so he could dive in the water I suspect he would have received
severe acid burns.

After he stopped shaking he commented, "Never had that happen
before"....

Bruce-in-Bangkok