[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Jul 19, 7:27*pm, Bruce in Bangkok
http://www.trojan-battery.com/Batter.../Charging.aspx

If you stop when the batteries first reach 14.8 you never fully charge
your batteries.

Good point. I use a three stage controller, too.

Note that my figures were too low for some batteries. Trojan
recommends 20% but other recommendations are in the 10 - 15% range
see:http://www.solarnavigator.net/battery_charging.htm

Yes. Interesting. Particularly the last link which says my Concorde
AGMs can be charged at C times 4 (400%) of the 20 hour rate! I guess
I need bigger alternators It isn't clear to me if some of the
charger links are minimum size recommendations or limits on the charge
rate. All the smart chargers I know of just assume that the battery
will come up to voltage before it is damaged by the amperage. That is,
they don't come with an amp setting, only a volt setting. But you
point is good about RTFM.

Thanks for the links.

-- Tom.