Larry Larry is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

" wrote in news:b2e0cf11-1ba5-4e82-
:

Also, I don't follow you point. Are you saying 2.4Kw is too much
power for any battery bank or were you making a specific point?

Think about the heat from 2,400 watts, about twice what comes out of an
electric heater turned up full....but now confined really hard inside the
rolled up lead and gauze of an AGM battery sealed inside a plastic tube.

Don't you think that MIGHT cause something inside all that insulation to
HEAT UP and maybe MELT way down in the core? What if it boils the gauze
soaked in acid into acid steam expanding exponentially in the little
plastic case?

2400 watts is a LOT of power! It will also create a LOT of HYDROGEN GAS
once the surface charge of all those amps insulates the plates from their
SLOW CHEMICAL ACTION OF 14 HOUR NORMAL CHARGING!

Yeah, I'm saying 2400 watts is WAY too much power....same old crap a boater
trying to recharge dead house batteries in an hour a day.....geez.