Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:42:34 +0000, Larry wrote:

The AC compressors synchronize to power line frequency (50 or 60 Hz), which
gives them a steady power output regardless of condensor pressure loading
which would drive a DC motor crazy trying to maintain counter EMF.

I don't think so - they are integrated induction motors and
compressors in a can. There's a capacitor that splits the phase, but
they slip the rotating field depending on load - if I recall

Brian W