Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:02:44 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 19, 2:32*pm, Larry wrote:
200A x 12V = 2,400 watts.

No danger of overheating and warping AGM plates with only 2.4 kilowatts
forced into them at all. *You should crank up the charging even further.

Just for the record, my electrical system was designed and installed
by Gary Pacey of Outback Marine. He's an EE specializing in marine
power systems. He's installed virtually the same system on lots of
boats. In the small world category, the boat three down the dock from
us was built in the same year in the same part of Oz and with the same
power system as my boat. I know Gary did a lot of in house testing and
had good relationships with the suppliers of the batteries and
controllers. In short, this isn't something that I just threw
together out of catalogs.

Also, I don't follow you point. Are you saying 2.4Kw is too much
power for any battery bank or were you making a specific point?

-- Tom.

Not to disparage anyone but have a look at the battery manufacturer's
specs and see whether they recommend that high a charging rate. I
suspect you'll see something like 10 - 15% of rated capacity.

Bruce-in-Bangkok