Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 02:33:54 +0000, Larry wrote:

///
I was cruising on of my thrift shops today and paid $10 for a Sears
Kenmore 2.2 cu ft little bar fridge in nice condition.
///The little compressor is SO
quiet you can't even hear it start!

/// The
wattmeter still sits on 71W when it's running, which I take to be about
15% duty cycle on my stopwatch after the initial cooldown and
temperature stabilization to 38F on the top shelf away from the evap.
The thermometer inside the little box evap sits on 8F at about 2/3
thermostat setting and should keep the icecream hard...(c;

...I think the nice door on this fridge will fit
on my favorite old R-12 fridge, the one with the 40 watt vibrator
compressor from Sweden. That's the most efficient little fridge I own
I'll be in the lab with my Linux tablet running spreadsheets if Algore
calls for advise....

Forget about the pleasures of sailing a fresh warm breeze, it's
nice to see simple joy radiating off into the net: about finding a
bargain, running tech checks, looking forward to icecream
and chill beer afloat. Gotta love those dorm fridges.

Brian W