[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Jul 18, 9:28 pm, Larry wrote:
" wrote in news:7f8aa6de-0499-4d2c-

Tom, how are you measuring these percentages? Are you using a hydrometer?

Zen. Well, I have an Ample Power computer but it only gives a general
feel. I've got AGM's so a hydrometer is out. Anyway, I didn't mean
for the percentages to be taken very exactly. When the batteries are
low I can throw a couple hundred amps at them for 15 minutes or so and
the absorption drops off pretty slowly. I figure until the rate is
down to 60 or so I'm saving charge time over what I'd be doing with a
normal alternator. One of the joys few joys of lead acid is that you
don't need to top them off each time you charge them. Every week or
so is fine. My feeling is it takes much less time to get charge the
bank to a 15 amp acceptance with the 110's over what it would with a
sixty...

-- Tom.