Larry Larry is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

" wrote in news:8efb7662-ce61-
:

But, what you really want is a diesel plug in
hybrid...

Not with a $3000 to $6000 "battery pack" in them I don't. Drop by your
Prius dealer, back in the parts department, and tell them your Prius got
in a crash (no battery warranty excuse) and ask 'em how much a new high
voltage battery pack for a 2-year-old Prius will cost you.....

You cannot save money in a hybrid with $6000 parts to buy!

.....and it won't run without it!

http://www.cleangreencar.co.nz/page/prius-battery-pack

To get 150mpg in a Prius, they have a $US9,500 battery pack to install
turning it into nearly an electric car:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/20/b...ade-for-prius-
claims-150mpg/

I'm also interested in enclosed motorcycles, which this one isn't
really:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/28/t...30-pound-huvo-
electric-car/
......and this one is.....
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/22/e...motorcycle-is-
green-and-ghastly/

An enclosed motorcycle makes a lot of sense because it completely
bypasses the stupid nanny regulations the oil companies have used for
years to keep micro-sized vehicles Europeans and Asians drive OFF THE US
ROADS, saving millions of dollars in gas guzzler fuel costs.

Why I can ride this:
http://powersports.honda.com/scooters/model.asp?
ModelName=Reflex&ModelYear=2007&ModelId=NSS2507
made of plastic with a metal frame inside it and NO SAFETY EQUIPMENT is
permitted by the ruling class, but I cannot drive this:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...no-the-worlds-
cheapest-car/
which only costs $2500 and gets nearly as much mileage as the
scooter....is just STUPID!

Microcars need to be classed as motorcycles, whether oil company
executives like Cheney and Bush like it or not. It should be a personal
decision whether I want to drive one and risk my life....EXACTLY as it
is with my Honda Reflex getting 76mpg driving easy and 65mpg driving it
like I stole it...(c;

I'm not even forced to wear a helmet in SC after 12,000 noisy
motorcycles kept circling the State House back in the 70's to have that
stupidity recinded. I was riding a Honda CB750 4-cylinder motorcycle in
that parade, I'm proud to say. Thousands of motorcyclists DIDN'T die to
fulfill the safety bureaucrats worst nightmare.

I do wear a helmet, without exception. That should be MY decision, not
some highway department bureaucrat or lawyer politician.....

Would you drive a Nano for $2500 that gets 70 mpg?