Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:41:19 +0000, Larry wrote:

Herodotus wrote in
:

The idea of a holding plate is that I could utilise periods of greater
charge whereas a conventional fridge runs off and on over the entire
day.

I wonder how one of these little $100 fridges would work with their useless
little freezers filled with blocks of aluminum as holding plates so you
could flip them on when you crank the engine (or install a simple relay to
do it automatically). Btu is Btu. It's not rocket science. The more you
open it, the more it draws. The cheap one's R-value could be easily
increased with some sheet styrofoam to pack it in with or glued to its
sides.

I have some big aluminum heat sinks I got from somewhere. I think I'll
play a little with them stuffed into the little freezer and see how that
works as a holding plate....hmmm...(c;

That's what I admire about you Larry - a true lateral thinker.

Seriously.

I'd be interested to see what results you get.

cheers
Peter