BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Porsche Gas Mileage

Eisboch wrote:
"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 02:22:15 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Her Navigator calls for "high test"
(91 octane).

We put 100 000 miles on ours, all with the cheapstuff.

Casady

I'll mention that to her.

She has a "thing" for Navigators. This one is her third one. I remember
the first one (I think a '01 model) was absolutely horrible to drive IMO.
Sloppy handling and no power. It felt like it needed a bow thruster just to
turn a sharp corner. When she decided to trade that one in, I convinced her
to at least try the Caddy version of that vehicle. I forget what it was
called, but it turned out it was just as soft and mushy as the original
Navigator .... maybe even worse.

But Ford obviously redesigned the suspension in the later models because her
second and current versions actually handle decently, ride well and have
much more ummmph to them for a large vehicle. But, they still get terrible
mileage. Problem is, she needs something of that size to carry all her
horse equipment and junk around.

If you had driven the Ford or Chevy versions the steering and ride would
have been firmer and stiffer, respectively. The Lincolns and Cadillacs
are given the squishier rides because they usually have softer bodies
riding around in them.