Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:42:40 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Well, first of all you need a "Larry Lesson" on how batteries charge
as your 110 amp alternator is just a waste of money.

No, no! Everyone knows a boat battery can be charged in 3 minutes if you
buy a big enough alternator!

Don't let logic, battery chemistry and me upset it.

I had a 1988 mustang ragtop that had about ten interior lights and a
small battery. If you left a door slightly ajar, the battery would be
completely, 0 volts, dead in 45 minutes or so. A ten amp charger would
put in enough juice to start it in ten seconds. Then comes the charge
from zero at the maximum rate. Needless to say, that battery didn't
last long.

Casady