posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Questions about Git-Rot

Matt Colie wrote:

Advice from a BTDT..... Don't try to save money on tools and material.
This job will be hard enough to get right even if you only have to fight
the repair.

Good Luck Guy

Matt Colie

Matt gave a lot of excellent advice here.
And for free too!

The only place I would offer a differing opinion is the mixing pumps.
I've used them and come to not trust them.

I think they are too wasteful - besides being too expensive.

Instead, I'd suggest the use of syringes.

I buy mine at Tractor Supply, but almost any farm supply or Vet store
will have them.

For West Fast (5:1 ratio), I use a 60cc for resin (pulled to the 50
line) and a 10cc for catalist.

For West Slow or Epiglass (3:1) a 60 and 20 - and just count (OUT LOUD)
the shots.

FWIW...

Richard

(remove the X to email)