John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default How many banks...

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:04:06 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

HK wrote:
Larry wrote:
JR North wrote in
:

What's this got to do with boating?
JR

Boats take vast sums of money to buy, or just sit there rotting away
at the $600/month marina slip. In order to HAVE boats, some boaters
have invested vast sums of money in securities with various,
previously-stable, banking institutions now on the verge of collapse.

The solvency of the bank the "Boat Fund" is stored in is VERY on-topic
to a discussion about boat....unless you're Donald Trump and sold your
little house in Florida for $95,000,000 this morning to one of the
Russian billionaires. Don wanted $120,000,000 but had to take less to
dump it.

By the way, the REAL ESTATE TAXES on Don's old house was quoted on the
radio at $16,830,000 PER YEAR....as of 2006. A "small tax increase"
could put the Russian's property taxes above the GDP of several small
African countries!

I think he screwed up....

We don't keep any significant liquid assets in any U.S. financial
institutions.

Harry, we all know you don't have any significant liquid assets, so it
is very easy for you to keep them out of US financial institutions.

I was surprised no one else picked up on that.