HK HK is offline

Default How many banks...

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

We don't keep any significant liquid assets in any U.S. financial
institutions.

If there were *any* way I could prevent my tax dollars from benefiting you,
I would pay double to find and eliminate it.

Eisboch

Treasuries Gain as Stocks Fall on Concern Bank Losses to Worsen

By Daniel Kruger and Sandra Hernandez

July 14 (Bloomberg) -- Treasuries gained, pushing two-year note yields
down the most in more than two weeks, as stocks fell on concern that
U.S. banking-system losses may be worsening.

Predictions of wider losses overshadowed the Treasury Department's
support of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Washington Mutual Inc. posted its
biggest drop ever and National City Corp. tumbled to a 24-year low after
last week's collapse of IndyMac Bancorp Inc. spurred speculation that
more regional banks may be short of capital.

``There's a significant amount of grave concern about the banking
sector,'' said T.J. Marta, a fixed-income strategist at RBC Capital
Markets in New York, the investment-banking arm of Canada's biggest
lender. ``Now what we're having is solvency concerns.''

- - -

Perhaps you and SW Tom can talk the U.S. economy out of its slide...

Why should we invest in or trust assets to poorly managed financial
institutions?