Bryan B

Default 24 VDC appliances?

We use both 12 and 24 systems. They higher the required amperage the better
it is to use a higher voltage. We run winches, fridge, and autopilot hyd
motor with 24 volt. All else is 12v.
We use two 12 volt banks and one very large 24 volt bank. Charging is from
both 12 and 24v HO alternators but are getting ready to add additional
charging systems.

Gas for cooking, diesel for heating. Hate to run a $20k motor to heat the
cabin.

Good luck,

"misia" wrote in message
ail.from.there...
On my new boat I will have a powerfull 24VDC battery bank charged by a
diesel generator and auxiliary sources.

I did a bit of search but couldn't find much- are there any 24 VDC
appliances such as cooker/oven, fridge, AC and water heater you could
recommend?

I know I can run standard items through power inverter but I would
prefer not to do it for the sake of reliability/efficiency/cost. I want
to go totally electric (no gas)

Regards Mi